1. Make sure the same network is supported where you are withdrawing and depositing.
- Different exchanges support different networks even for the same coin. After checking if the network matches, you must deposit into that network. If you apply for a deposit through a network that does not support deposit, it will be cumbersome to process a refund.
2. Make sure the coin you want to deposit is a coin with MEMO (tag).
- MEOME (TAG) is uniquely given to each individual. Therefore, if you enter this incorrectly, the corresponding coin may be sent to another user. For one example, the deposit address of Ripple (XRP) is the same for every exchange. In the case of Binance, all users have the same wallet address, rEb8TK3gBgk5auZkwc6sHnwrGVJH8DuaLh, and users' wallets are identified by the TAG number.
3. Check whether the wallet is being checked at the place where you are withdrawing and depositing Coin.
- If you applied for a deposit or withdrawal during the maintenance time, the deposit and withdrawal process will proceed after the inspection is over. During the maintenance period, the coin is tied up, and due to the nature of the coin, price fluctuations may occur. Therefore, when depositing and withdrawing, be sure to check whether the deposit and withdrawal of the coin is being checked.